TERMS AND CONDITIONS
(as of 1/August/2017)
By making use of baantu.com you agree to the terms and conditions laid out by the publisher of this web page. If you don’t agree to these terms you must leave the web site and refrain from purchasing any product.
Due to the nature of our products, we can offer NO REFUND on any products. If you are not happy with this, please don't purchase any product.
We can make no guarantee for the accuracy of the content of this webpage. It's meant as tool for self-discovery, like a mirror.
The BaanTu Network is an experimental software that makes no promise of full functionality or accuracy. This software makes no claim to be completely free of fault. It is a work-in-progress and in constant development. With the price of a yearly subscription, you participate in the on-going experiment/development. Everything is sold as-is. We also make no guarantees that the service is available at all times. While we do our utmost best, sometimes technical faults are out of our hands and unavoidable. Due to the low price of a yearly subscription, we cannot offer any refunds. If you are not happy with the service, you can opt out the following year. You will be taken to the payment screen when your subscription expires.
The BaanTu Network is based on authentic profiles through valid information. By opening an account, you agree to provide a profile picture showing your face and the location of your place of residence (town). The name of your account must be as shown in your passport. BaanTu might ask you for a copy of your passport to verify your name if necessary. Accounts with false or missing information will be closed without any refunds and warnings. The publisher reserves the right to close any account without explanation.
You allow the BaanTu Network to share the following information on its website:
- Your design data (without your birth date/place)
- City and country of your home location
Minors need consent from their parent to use the BaanTu Network. You are not allowed to have your own account under the age of 13.
This website is primarily meant as a companion for Steve Rhodes' books. If you use this information without them, you take a risk of misinterpreting a lot of the information. But that doesn't mean everything you see on the web page is explained in the books. Some of it is for the students of the BaanTu Academy.
The books and this website are designed to provide information to our readers. It is sold with the understanding that the publisher and author are not engaged to render any type of psychological, legal, or any other kind of professional advice. Neither the publisher nor the author shall be liable for any physical, psychological, emotional, financial, or commercial damages, including, but not limited to, special, incidental, consequential or other damages. Our views and rights are the same: you are responsible for your own choices, actions, and results.
We do our best to keep BaanTu safe, but we cannot guarantee it. We need your help to keep it safe, which includes the following commitments by you:
- You will not post unauthorized commercial communications (such as spam) on BaanTu.
- You will not collect users' content or information, or otherwise access BaanTu, using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without our prior permission.
- You will not engage in unlawful multi-level marketing, such as a pyramid scheme, on BaanTu.
- You will not upload viruses or other malicious code.
- You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
- You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any user.
- You will not post content that: is hate speech, threatening, or pornographic; incites violence; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
- You will not use BaanTu to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
- You will not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working or appearance of BaanTu, such as a denial of service attack or interference with page rendering or other BaanTu functionality.
- You will not facilitate or encourage any violations of this Statement or our policies.
BaanTu users provide their real names and information, and we need your help to keep it that way. Here are some commitments you make to us relating to registering and maintaining the security of your account:
- You will not provide any false personal information on BaanTu, or create an account for anyone other than yourself without permission.
- You will not create more than one personal account.
- If we disable your account, you will not create another one without our permission.
- You will not use BaanTu if you are under 13.
- You will not use BaanTu if you are a convicted sex offender.
- You will keep your information and birth data accurate and up-to-date.
- You will not share your password, let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account.
- You will not transfer your account to anyone.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- We make no warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, completeness, lack of viruses or other harmful component or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, content, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than with BaanTu's prior written consent.
- This website may include links to other websites over which we have no control. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content or practices of third party websites linked to the website.
- Indemnity. You will indemnify and hold BaanTu, its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, and employees harmless (including, without limitation, from all damages, liabilities, settlements, costs and attorneys’ fees) from any claim or demand made by any third party due to or arising out of your access to the Services, use of the Services, your violation of these Terms and Conditions, or the infringement by you or any third party using your account of any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity.
- Severability. If a court holds any provision(s) of this agreement to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable, the rest of this agreement will remain in effect and this agreement will be amended to give effect to the eliminated provision to the maximum extent possible.
- Applicable law. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and the United Kingdom. This Agreement may be enforced in the court of England. The parties agree, for any claim, legal proceeding or arbitration for any reason whatsoever, with respect to this Agreement, to elect the judicial district of London, United Kingdom, as the appropriate place for the hearing of said claims or legal proceedings, to the exclusion of any other legal district that may have jurisdiction over such litigation as prescribed by law.
- Dispute resolution. Any action to enforce this agreement must be brought to the United Kingdom. This choice of jurisdiction does not prevent either party from seeking injunctive relief with respect to a violation of intellectual property rights or confidentiality obligations in any appropriate jurisdiction.
- Entire agreement. This agreement constitutes the entire agreement concerning its subject matter and supersedes any prior or contemporaneous communications.
- Baantu.com is protected by copyright and other intellectual property rights laws and international treaties.